Friday, November 25, 2011

Big NASA love

We need to remember the significance of proportion. NASA's next mission to Mars is scheduled for launch on Saturday, Nov. 26. I have new rubber stamp designs. Thank goodness the two are not mutually exclusive. I am just as happy not to have quite so much invested in nor depending upon the success of my endeavor. However, I remain a believer-in/fan-of any voyage we undertake that tells us something we didn't know yesterday. Sending unlimited favorable aspects to NASA and everyone who has worked on this project, for all who watch and wait and hope. Yes, all is not as one might wish here in America, here on planet Earth, but exploration operates by a different set of rules. If we stop looking, stop reaching, stop learning...well, those are simply not options. I'll likely be out in the yard, throwing confetti at the sky, murmuring Bon Voyage.


Copyright M. Kelly for Rubbermoon

8 comments:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

I remember as a grader schooler, the buzz and excitement around the Mercury and Gemini flights, and then of course a few years later when i was in high school and we actually went to the moon. It's always seemed poignantly sad that since then the joy and wonder has died away. I applaud your confetti throwing!! Toss a handful for me.
Erin

Sultan said...

The Mars project is really neat.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Erin - I know...how did any of us become blase (accent mark) about space exploration, about rocket launches and things we read as fiction when we were younger? Here is your handful - it is sparkly - whoof. Rover Curiosity, have a wonderful trip. xo

Marylinn Kelly said...

Laoch - It is SO neat. As we live near JPL, its doings actually make it onto the news sometimes. Back when the first rover landed, the gift shop at the facility was selling miniatures. Alas, we did not get there for that, but sometimes the simple fact that a thing exists is enough. Awaiting news of a safe landing.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just dont get the outer space exploration, when right now, the inner dspace needs so much more.

I feel for the many who will not have the cash for Xmas while millions are spent on a giant penis in the sky...
(written before my morning coffee...)

Marylinn Kelly said...

Denise - There are so many factors to weigh when determining how best to use resources, on the personal or national level and I would not say to you there is only one right answer. I only have opinion. I do truly believe, however, that if we (the U.S.) could stop being run by the Defense Dept., there would be money to expand the quality of life. xo

RachelVB said...

I love your moon!
My boyfriend has been watching "How the Universe Works" on Netflix and is totally enamored. Funny, I just wrote a post today about space and I came here to find you've done one as well - must be in the air these days (pun not intended =) )
Cheers, to exploration in and out of space.
xo

Marylinn Kelly said...

Rachel - Thank you. I'll be over later to read your space post. And try to begin and make up for too long an absence from my favorite blog writers. xo