Saturday, November 19, 2011

A slightly rubbery day

M. Kelly for Rubbermoon

Perhaps snowmen attract me for having so little real-life experience of them. The family album has a couple snapshots of my mother and me next to the one snowman we constructed from the one snow that ever fell in recorded history on Baldwin Park, CA. It was in 1949.

While it is no longer part of their on-line catalog, the image above (the coloring will be up to you) does exist as an unmounted stamp. You may learn more by sending an e-mail to owner Debra Valoff at rubbermoonmail@gmail.com in Hayden Lake, Idaho, where they are much more familiar with snow.

To let you know, there will be more rubber stamp talk around here in the coming weeks. I began working with Rubbermoon more than 17 years ago and in early December or sooner, will have my first sheets of unmounted stamps released by them, in company with collections from two other artists, Gretchen Ersham and Daris Judd. I will begin sharing the designs soon, maybe even tomorrow. At the same time, I plan to continue the written posts which I have missed while my head was off somewhere else thinking other thoughts.

6 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I look forward to a resumption of your written posts, Marylinn. I so enjoy your writing, which isn't to say that posts on rubber stamps are not also fascinating. I look forward to seeing your handiwork.

Anonymous said...

more rubber stamps!

I look forward to you unveiling them.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Elisabeth - Thank you. As you know, days without writing...well, there ought not to be days without writing. Doing my best to feed all parts of my spirit. xo

Marylinn Kelly said...

Denise - The wish is granted. First batch today. Thanks for your interest. xo

Radish King said...

Marylinn, thank you for San Francisco.
love,
Rebecca

Marylinn Kelly said...

Rebecca - So welcome. Love, Marylinn