Thursday, February 26, 2015

IF I got serious about a notebook/planner...

Inspiring sample pages from one of many planner sites.
It is vast, borderline Byzantine, the world of planners and notebooks.  I feed one of my favorite dawdling inclinations by etsy window shopping for washi tape, nearly microscopic stickers and the irresistible sticky notes which call to my inner 12-year-old like the sirens.

Yesterday I actually presented myself with a compelling reason to keep some sort of record of goings-on, that of being able to know (rather than try and remember) when certain medical appointments and procedures had taken place.  I could find a way to tab pages containing that information for easy retrieval.  This is beginning to look like a plan.  The headline in my imagination shouts, "Senior Citizen Gets Organized."  At least by my definition.
The Hobonichi Techno 2015.
Hobonichi with stickers, from Pinterest, no working link.
Mike Rohde's icon library for bullet journaling.
As you can see, the possibilities are infinite.
Before leaving the meat-and-potatoes part of planners, I want to mention a Pinterest page called Just.the.Filofax by Jodi B. Loves Books.  We're having some fun now.  On to the, ahem, accessories.

Twelve sticky note designs, 15 sheets each.  Many others available here.
Narrow washi tapes, shipped within the US.
Circle stickers for color coding in your planner.
I thought these "Hello Eva" cartoon stickers were especially charming.
For real shopping or browsing, Google is your new best friend, in case you didn't know that already.  For my searches I added the word etsy to each entry, such as: narrow MT washi tape etsy or cat sticky notes etsy.  I enjoy playing on-line detective shopper, even when I'm not planning to buy.  The looking and finding are what I consider harmless fun, unless you have more important things to do with your time, which I do but still, on occasion, choose to throw all responsible behavior to the wind.  And we haven't even begun to discuss pens or color pencils.

I thank my friend Lisa for luring me down this path, just as she did with the mention of "The Miss Fisher Murder Mysteries."  Lisa does the heavy lifting and I just follow along, to my delight.

9 comments:

Kass said...

You're fabulous. Everything about you.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Kass - Thank you so much. What sunshine you've brought to an already fine day. xo

Erin in Morro Bay said...

Love this post - so much inspiration and eye candy. And yes, kudos to Lisa - she knows what we'll love!
Erin

Elizabeth said...

You're killing me.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Erin - Thank you. It was fun to put together, could have gone on and on. And our girl Lisa, I would be wandering in the tall grass without her guiding hand. xo

Marylinn Kelly said...

Elizabeth - But in only the best way, I hope. xo

J-Lin said...

Marylinn, Just another example of how beautiful an artists life is.You are a true inspiration. This notebook/planner is so purdee.

Marylinn Kelly said...

J-Lin - An artist's life is a rich and jolly thing. For example, one can hoard all kinds of cardboard and paper and envelopes and call them valuable resource material. I think I dreamed purdee planners last night. xo

Barbara said...

Love this post. I'm another obsessive compulsive washi tape, sticker, pens/pencils, journal/planner/notebook, anything paper collector/keeper/hoarder.