Saturday, July 20, 2013

Can one believe impossible things? Impossible not to.

All in a day's work, here on Planet Earth, form: essentially human.  It has been a good week, a week of encouragement and progress, a week of being reminded, emphatically, that I can do one thing at a time.  Which does not slacken my pace for I will continue to believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast.  Believe them, not manifest or perform them.  Thus it is I have not written a new installment for Gloria and company for a bit.  Perhaps tomorrow.  They, all of them and some new companions, are all right here, awaiting their cues, biding their time, wishing they had found me younger, fresher, quicker.  Meanwhile, they adjust their costumes, change their minds, while I wish Gloria's tea shop delivered, transcending time, space and fiction.  As Susan T. Landry might say, "Pie is always right."

2 comments:

susan t. landry said...

cake can be nice, too.

Marylinn Kelly said...

Susan - Watching an old "Frasier" episode, his father lights up at the mention of "restaurant cake." I understood completely. Very nice, yes. Or anything from Gloria's. xo