Thursday, June 30, 2016

Out of Africa

My staycations, vicarious adventures, are richly enhanced by gifts from afar, thanks to my friend Claire.  The above, found on her recent Botswana trip, are beautiful work by any standards.  As a card maker of many decades, I appreciate the design, techniques and will likely borrow the idea of small beads of glued brightness sprinkled here and there.  A cottage industry, even a very large cottage, is a fine thing.  Gorgeous promotion for the artists involved and for their country.  I have no plan to send these anywhere.

I discovered that kalahari sandworks has a Facebook presence, and also found reference to their products at this site.  Finding a connection to shop for their products is a work in progress.  I believe if we are determined and patient, we will prevail.

No comments: